Reimbursement for Health-Related Private Transportation
Provision of private health-related transportation for qualifying Pilot Enrollees through one or more of the following services
- Community transportation options transportation or for private transportation by way of community transportation options, private.
- Direct transportation by a professional, private, or semi-private transportation vendor.
- Account credits for taxis or ridesharing mobile applications for transportation.
Private transportation services may be utilized in areas where public transportation is not an available and/or not an efficient option (e.g., in rural areas). Pilot transportation will not replace Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) as required in Medicaid.
Reimbursement for Health-Related Public Transportation
Provision of health-related transportation for qualifying Pilot Enrollees through vouchers for public transportation. This service may be furnished to transport Pilot Enrollees to non-medical services that promote community engagement, health and well-being. The service may include transportation to locations indicated in an Enrollee’s care plan. Pilot transportation will not replace Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) as required in Medicaid.
Transportation PMPM Add-On for Case Management Services
Reimbursement for coordination and provision of transportation for Pilot Enrollees provided by an organization delivering one or more of the following case management services:
- Housing Navigation, Support and Sustaining Services
- IPV Case Management
- Holistic High Intensity Enhanced Case Management